The Faculty Mentoring Program (FMP) provides professional development support to new, junior and senior Mānoa
• FMP Dossier Library of successful dossiers from a range of faculty of varied classifications and department, available throughout the week and available to borrow over week-ends. Dossiers follow criteria for renewal, promotion and tenure, varying in styles of writing and presentation;
• Professional development events, including the FMP Summer Dossier Series with seminars and panels on the processes involved in successful professional achievement in academia, including panels of experienced DPC and TPRC members, Department Chairs, College and School Deans, and faculty who have successfully achieved promotion and tenure; and,
• Mentor/Mentee Pairing, at the request of a junior faculty, FMP can pair them with senior tenured faculty from outside their own department or college. An optimal and confidential pairing benefits both Mentee and Mentor:
• Mentees receive information on the Manoa community, guidance on departmental processes, development of research and service agendas, advancing and documenting assessment of teaching, guidance in publishing, and advice on dossier preparation, as well as extending and sustaining collegial relations across campus.
• Mentors also receive benefits through association with young researchers on cutting-edge scholarship; potential future collaboration in scholarly work with energetic junior resources; possible future team-teaching with former Mentee; development of writing group members; and, new teaching practices from junior faculty.
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
CLOSED: Weekends & State Holidays
CONTACT INFORMATION: See below