Hiring each new faculty into any department is an extensive commitment in resources-- time, energy and financial; once hired, every effort made towards professional development and retention of junior faculty serves the entire institution. FMP does not attempt to replace departmental collegiality and mentoring, but can supplement those through confidentiality and commitment, making incremental and critical differences for the individual faculty and ultimately for the entire university community.
Through collegial group events and confidential mentoring from individual senior faculty, junior faculty experience benefits from:
• Information on the university community
• Guidance on handling departmental politics
• Developing research and service agendas
• Advancing and documenting assessment of teaching
• Guidance in publishing, assistance in manuscript editing
• Composing the dossier for renewal, promotion and tenure
• Increasing contacts across disciplines and departments
• Sustaining collegial relationships and friendships
See below for contact information or visit our mentee page.